2023 Update FAQ
Information about the P4G64 update and plans for P4G CEP.
P4G64 has many improvements over the original 2020 PC port, including:
- Improved performance and fewer crashes
- Support for new languages: French, German, Italian, Simplified Chinese, and Spanish
- A new quicksave option that lets you create a suspend save anywhere
- A new album feature that lets you rewatch Social Link events and make different choices
- The ability to choose which controller prompts you like instead of auto-assigning them
- Fixed animations that didn't play properly at 60+ FPS
- Other bug fixes (Dojima blinks now!)
- Almost all mods (including P4G CEP) will need to be updated for P4G64.
- In some cases, this is as simple as moving around a few files, but in others a more comprehensive overhaul is required.
- We have a mod loader ready for P4G64 - Persona Essentials, the P5R mod loader, is compatible with P4G64!
- It's also much faster and more stable than the old mod loader.
- Persona Essentials cannot merge mods that edit the same files or archives the way Aemulus can - this is being worked on.
- Essentially, the first few months of modding P4G64 is going to look a lot like the first few months of modding P4G32.
- Mod creators will be testing things, changes will be happening very quickly, and there will be a lot of mods that simply don't play nice with each other.
- Just be patient - we're all working on making P4G modding better than ever!
- If you're of the programming persuasion and want to help update our modding tools, go ahead and make a pull request - that's the beauty of open software!
- Not a programmer? Once mod creators update their mods for P4G64, they'll need user feedback. Even a simple "It works great, thank you!" comment goes a long way.
- Now that P4G is more stable, many users will be able to add more Reloaded II mods without the game crashing at launch.
- P4G64 changed how audio files are stored for the better - it's much easier to create mods that change voice lines and sound effects now.
- We're working on making Reloaded II a more comprehensive solution for Persona modding. Once everything is complete, you won't have to wait forever to unpack the game files or build your loadout!
- P4G CEP will be updated to work with P4G64 when version 11.0 launches. We ask for your patience as we work on this major update.
The opposite is also true - if you see a mod on the old "32-Bit" GameBanana page, it hasn't been updated and probably won't work with P4G64.
There is no official way to downgrade P4G to the 32-bit build, but you can unofficially download P4G32 using the Steam console (without uninstalling P4G64).