Solutions to common issues.
This page is for assistance with common issues during setup.
If you can't find a solution to your problem in the FAQ, double-check the instructions page you were just working on.
While we appreciate the passion video creators have for bringing awareness of P4G modding to a wider audience, YouTube modding guides can contain inaccuracies and quickly become outdated.
The most up-to-date information and instructions for P4G CEP will always be on p4g.cep.one and the Discord server.
Follow one of these links for specific instructions for your antivirus program:
If you don't know what antivirus program you have, it's probably Windows Defender.
If your antivirus program isn't listed here, try searching the Web for
exclude folder [your antivirus name].
- Add an exception in your antivirus for your .Reloaded II folder.
- Try launching P4G directly through Steam, then try again with Reloaded II.
- Close the error message, wait a few seconds, then try again.
- Close P4G if it is already running.
- If you just launched the game, wait a few seconds for P4G to load.
- Use Task Manager to check if P4G.exe is running in the background.
- Make sure Steam is running and that you are signed in.
- If you are using a desktop or Steam shortcut, delete it and re-create it.
- If you are still getting this error, restart your PC and try again.
Your copy of P4G has not been upgraded to the 64-bit version.
- Make sure Persona Essentials and Inaba EXE Patcher are enabled and at the top of your loadout in Reloaded II.
- Make sure the P4G Community Enhancement Pack mod is enabled in Reloaded II.
- Launch the Reloaded II application (not a shortcut) and download any updates.
- Launch P4G directly through Steam to see if it works without mods.
- If you added any non-CEP mods to Reloaded II, disable them and try again.
- Close any controller mapping software like DS4Windows, BetterJoy, or reWASD.
- Try pressing the Xbox / PlayStation / Home button on your controller once the game starts the opening movie or title screen.
- If you are using your controller wirelessly, try plugging it in over USB.
- If you are launching P4G from a Steam shortcut, try launching the game from the Reloaded II application instead.
You can reduce the game's motion blur by playing at a higher frame rate. If your hardware can hit 90+ FPS, the motion blur effect will be seriously reduced.
- Launch P4G.
- At the main menu, select Config and go to the Graphics tab.
- Set the Vsync setting to Off and the FPS Limit setting to 90 or 120.
- Save your settings.
Integrated graphics processors are not officially supported by Atlus and may not be able to play in-game cutscenes at full speed.
There are a few possible fixes for this issue:
Atlus recommends installing Windows Media Player if you are having trouble with cutscene playback.
- Open the Windows Start Menu.
- Type "apps and features" and press Enter to open the Apps and features page in the Settings application.
- Select optional features below the second "Apps and features" header.
- Select add a feature at the top of the Optional features page.
- Type "Windows Media Player" into the search bar. If WMP is not installed, it should appear in the list below.
- Check the box for Windows Media Player, then click Install (1) at the bottom of the window.
- Once Windows has finished downloading and installing WMP, restart your PC.
If you are using Windows 10 N or Windows 10 KN, search for and install the Media Feature Pack as well using the same process.
If you have a laptop with both an Nvidia graphics card and integrated graphics, Windows might be choosing the weak Intel graphics automatically to save power.
- Right-click on the Desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Select Manage 3D settings on the left panel.
- Select the Program Settings tab.
- Click Add and select Persona 4 Golden from the list of applications.
- From the dropdown menu under the application, select High-performance NVIDIA processor.
- Click Apply.
These instructions were modified from content on PC Gaming Wiki and are licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 3.0.