Download and Prepare
Set up modding folders and install prerequisite packages.
Download the latest version of P4G CEP now if you haven't already.
We will use a dedicated directory for our P4G modding tools. If you ever need to create a file backup, take a screenshot, or write down a note, save it in this folder to stay organized.
- P4G Mods folder: A unified folder for your P4G modding setup.There are four folders in the P4G Mods folder:
- .Reloaded II: This folder contains the Reloaded II mod loader. You'll learn more about it soon!
- Backups: Use this folder to store any important files or folders you want to save.
- Notes: Use this folder to store any information you think is worth keeping.
- Setup: This folder contains the All-in-One Prerequisite Installer that downloads and installs the runtimes your modding tools need.
- Unzip your downloaded P4G CEP archive.
- Open the unzipped archive and locate the P4G Mods folder inside.
What you do next depends on whether you already have a P4G Mods folder from a previous P4G CEP installation on your PC.
I don't have a P4G Mods folder
I already have a P4G Mods folder
- Move the P4G Mods folder to a suitable location on your PC.
- In a new window, open your old P4G Mods folder that was already on your PC.
- Copy just the .Reloaded II and Setup folders from the new P4G Mods folder to your old P4G Mods folder.
Since you might want to use Aemulus for multiple Persona games, not just P4G, we'll place it alongside the P4G Mods folder instead of inside it.
- In your unzipped P4G CEP archive, locate the Aemulus folder inside.
What you do next depends on whether you already have an Aemulus installation on your PC.
I don't have Aemulus
I already have Aemulus
- Move the Aemulus folder to the same location as your P4G Mods folder.
- In a new window, open your old Aemulus folder that was already on your PC.
- Launch Aemulus.
- If you get a prompt to update the program, select Yes.
- Once Aemulus has downloaded the update, click OK to restart the program.
- Once Aemulus restarts, confirm in the top-right corner of the window that the program is version 6.1.3 or higher.
- Once you are done, close the Aemulus program.
- Open your old Aemulus folder again.
- Open the Packages folder and delete the Persona 4 Golden folder inside.
- In a separate window, open the new P4G CEP archive you downloaded and unzipped and locate the Aemulus\Packages\Persona 4 Golden folder inside.
- Move the Persona 4 Golden folder from the archive's Packages folder to your Aemulus folder's Packages folder.
- Go back to the base Aemulus directory.
- Open the Config folder and delete the Persona 4 Golden folder inside.
There might be folders for other Persona games here as well.
- In a separate window, open the new P4G CEP archive you downloaded and unzipped and locate the Aemulus\Config\Persona 4 Golden folder inside.
- Move the Persona 4 Golden folder from the archive's Config folder to your Aemulus folder's Config folder.
There are seven core runtime libraries that our modding tools require to run.
You can install them automatically or manually.
- Open your P4G Mods\Setup folder.
Yes, the license is bigger than the program.
- Run Install_Prerequisites.exe. A console window should appear.
- Follow the instructions in the console window to install each missing prerequisite.
Alternatively, you can manually download and install the prerequisites yourself.