Configure the Reloaded II mod injector.
P4G CEP includes a pre-configured version of the Reloaded II mod injector.
Reloaded II is an open-source program that injects our mods into P4G using a mod loader named Persona Essentials.
Reloaded II is powerful software that enables arbitrary/custom code execution. NEVER add a mod to Reloaded II unless you trust the creator.
- Reloaded II: A universal modding tool used by many different games. Best known for being the modding backbone of several 3D Sonic games.
- Persona Essentials: A mod that can load other Persona PC mods while the game is running, without directly replacing the game files.
- Mod injection: Adding modified files or information to a game while it plays, without changing the original game files. Also known as mod loading.
- Inaba EXE Patcher: A mod that can modify the content of the P4G.exe executable before the game starts, without permanently altering the file.
- Open your P4G Mods\.Reloaded II folder.
- Launch Reloaded-II.exe (you'll have to scroll down a bit).
Make sure to launch Reloaded-II.exe and not Reloaded-II32.exe.
P4G CEP Team only support the build of Reloaded II included with the pack!
The included build is specifically configured and tested for P4G CEP. We cannot guarantee functionality with any other builds or versions of Reloaded II.
Your Reloaded II window should look like this when you first launch the program:
Let's go to the configuration page for P4G and explore a few optional settings.
- Select the Persona 4 Golden game icon on the left side of the Reloaded II window.
You'll now be in the Configure Mods window for Persona 4 Golden:
If you want to play the game with English character voices, skip this step.
The Custom Sub Menu mod in P4G CEP requires a compatibility patch to function correctly if you are playing the game with Japanese character voices.
- If you want to play the game with Japanese character voices, enable the ..Japanese Audio Compatibility Patch mod by selecting the grey minus sign and turning it into a red plus sign.
If you don't want the game to skip the intro logos, skip this step.
You have the option to skip the Atlus/P-Studio logos and boot straight to the opening movie.
- If you want this, select the Persona Essentials mod in Reloaded II, then select Configure Mod.
Make sure you are selecting Persona Essentials and not disabling it! Click on the "Persona Essentials" text, not the red plus sign.
- In the Configure Mod window that appears, find Persona 4 Golden (64-bit) Config and enable Intro Skip by clicking on the slider.
- Click Save to apply your change, then close the Configure Mod window.
If you don't want to change the opening movie, skip this step.
You have the option to change the "Shadow World" opening movie to "Pursuing My True Self" from the original Persona 4.
- If you want this, enable the [Optional] P4 Opening Movie mod by selecting the grey minus sign and turning it into a red plus sign.
Reloaded II needs to know where the P4G.exe executable is so it can launch the game and inject our mods with Persona Essentials.
- Under the Main section on the left side of the window, select Edit Application.
You'll now be in the Edit Application window for P4G.
- Behold the protagonist's BIG dreamy face.
- Select the Update button to update the file path to start browsing for P4G.exe.
A file picker window will open.
- Navigate to P4G.exe in your Persona 4 Golden game folder.
Remember, your path to P4G.exe might not be the same as the one in the picture!
- Select P4G.exe, then click Open in the bottom-right corner.
- Double-check that line next to the Update button shows your path to P4G.exe.